Here is a list of frequently asked questions about Dossier's Slack and email integration:
- How to create Slack channels for emails from external senders?
- Can I have replies to clients separate from internal comments in Slack?
- How do I send a new email to a client from Slack?
- How to add signatures to Slack replies?
- How can I see the senders’ CRM info when I receive an email Slack?
- How to assign an email to a Slack team member?
- Are my emails in Slack private?
How to create Slack channels for emails from external senders?
Scenario: My email inbox has conversations with specific customers, and several team members are cc’d on the email. I’d like to have all emails from a specific client come to a Slack channel, ex. Emails from clients with email address @revcyclery.com come to a Slack channel Revcyclery.
- Sign up for Dossier with your email
- Connect your Slack account during signup, on the Apps page
- You will see a setup screen to pick Slack channels for your customers
- When the signup is complete, you will see new Slack channels with emails
- You can also choose Slack channels for senders after signup from the Dossier Portal under Setup > Sync (as shown in the screenshot below)
Are all replies on the Slack thread sent as email replies to the client?
Scenario: With email, I have to be very careful not to inadvertently send a note intended for my team, to the client. Is there a better way to separate replies to my customers from internal comments to my team in Slack?
- An email reply will be sent out to the customer only when you respond to a message in Slack using the “Reply to Sender” button
- If you would like to send an internal note to your team, simply respond to the threaded message from Slack like you always do!
How do I send a new email to a customer from the Slack channel?
Scenario: I want to start a new email thread with my customer, from Slack. If I send a message in the Slack channel for that customer, will an email be sent to the customer on a new thread?
- You cannot send new emails to the customer from the Slack Channel
- However, you can reply to incoming emails from customers using the “Reply to Sender” button in Slack
How to add signatures to Slack replies?
Scenario: I use Slack to reply to my customer emails, but I always manually add my signature to every reply. I’d like to automatically have my signature appended to email replies sent from Slack. Sometimes, though I also need to turn off my signature, so it doesn’t get added.
- Login to Dossier
- Click Profile > My Account > Personal Info
- Toggle the Signature option On
- Compose your signature and click Save
- Dossier will now automatically append your signature to responses you send from Slack using the Reply to Sender button
- You can toggle your signature off in Slack using the command “/dossierbot signature off”
- To turn the signature back on, use the “/dossierbot signature on” command
How can I see the senders’ CRM info when I receive an email Slack?
Scenario: I receive a lot of emails from my customers in Slack and I want more context about the emails and senders, so I can prioritize my responses. Can I see CRM information for the sender such as upcoming deals, company size, revenue and location for my emails in Slack?
- Login to Dossier
- Click Profile > Connect to Hubspot/Salesforce
- From the profile menu disconnect and reconnect your email
- You will now see information such as Office Location, Deals, Employees and Revenue for your senders in Slack
- Please note, the first time, this change may take a few hours to reflect in Slack.
How to assign an email to a team member in Slack?
Scenario: I received a customer email that now requires the attention of a team member. How can I notify them that the case has been turned over to them and requires their attention?
- In an email in a Slack channel, click the Assign drop down
- Choose the Team Member you want to assign the email to
- The Dossierbot will send them a notification in Slack
- If the assigned team member doesn’t have Dossier setup yet, Dossierbot will also send them instructions to set up their account
Are my emails in Slack private?
Scenario: I receive emails from customers that are private to me and I do not want these emails visible to my team. Are my emails visible to my entire team in Slack?
- When several team members receive emails from customers, they will be added to the Slack channel and will be able to collaborate on these emails, right from Slack.
- You can make the corresponding workspace in Dossier private from the Workspace settings in Dossier (pencil icon next to the workspace name)
- So Team members can only be added by invite, or by being included on an email with the customers in the workspace