Slack is a collaboration tool that helps you better communicate with people within your organization. With channels to organize communications, Slack is an organized messenger for all your internal messages. confusing, long, threaded team emails within your team that clutter your inbox.
With Dossier, you can also use Slack’s power, ease of use, and multi-platform availability, to manage your mailbox requests. You can collaborate with your team, assign tasks and even reply to the sender, directly from Slack!
Manage email requests coming into your mailbox in Slack
Create an email account for the shared address
Create an email account for your shared mailbox following the steps in the Sharing an Email Inbox with Your Team section.
Creating a Slack account for your mailbox
- Login to a Slack admin account or create one at https://www.slack.com.
- Click your Workspace name (top left) > Administration > Manage members.
- Click the green Invite People button.
- Choose Full Member.
- Enter the name and email address for your mailbox, ex: email@example.com.
- Click Send Invitations.
- Login to the shared email account and open the signup email from Slack.
- Click the button and sign up for Slack as the shared email account.
Create a Dossier account for your mailbox
- Go to the Dossier website (https://www.dossier.work) to get started.
- Enter your shared inbox email in the email field and click the Get Started Button.
- On the “Let’s Create your Dossier account” page, Connect the Gmail, Outlook 365 or Microsoft Exchange account for the mailbox.
- When you reach the “Select an Option” screen, pick Organize my Inbox.
- We need to create a Mailbox type account, so on the “Create account of this type” selection ensure that “Shared Mailbox” is checked and click Next.
- On the Apps page, connect the Mailbox’s Slack account, i.e., the Slack account for firstname.lastname@example.org (we this is recommended you do this instead of over connecting your personal Slack account).
- On the Slack sync setup page, pick the “Create new channel" option for every sender (company or customer) you want to sync to Slack.
- Add team members who manage incoming emails as team members in the mailbox folder in Dossier.
- Dossier will now sync active emails in your inbox from the last 30 days to a new Slack channel
When emails are published to Slack channels, they can be assigned to team members and replied to directly from Slack.
Read Next: Google Groups Mailboxes in Asana and Slack»